The Life Plan lays the foundation for our grounded, embodied self. It provides a working tool to understand the generation of emotions, and mechanism for shifting out of emotional reaction to embodied response. It is both understanding why we tend to act as we do, and a tool for acting consciously.
In this class you will:
- Learn the body basis for emotion
- Discern the difference between emotional reaction and feeling response
- Make an individual body map that includes habitual body-emotion patterns
- Gain tools for breaking habitual patterns and create new neural-synaptic pathways of response
- Become more present and grounded in your body
The Life Plan is a foundational class for any leader. Most problems with launching new ideas is not the viability of the idea, but the emotional reactions had when facing the challenges of manifesting it. Emotional reactions lead to narrowed viewpoints, rigidity, lowered creativity, and inter-personal conflict. All of these result in wasted time and effort. Learning to recognize emotion and shift it to response keeps you in the place of fluid idea-manifestation and productive, cooperative, creative work with self and others.
This class is a mix of pedagogy and experiential work using imagery exercises. Imagery exercises are short prompts that allow you to explore inner experience, a way of “dreaming awake”. These imagery exercises will bring you to a more grounded, present relationship with your body and inner self. There will be light, experiential homework between some of the classes.