The majority of problems that beset leaders are people problems.
A leader must understand how to find and articulate a vision, generate interest in others for the vision, grow that interest into motivation for realizing the vision, and maintain that motivation through the challenges of realizing it. Each step can be derailed by human conflicts. Social cognition is learning how to recognize the appearance of these blocks, and knowing how to lead your people through them.
In this class you will learn to:
- find and articulate a vision
- recognize latent talents in employees
- gain tools for helping individuals overcome blocks
- build better teams
- notice the origin of inter-personal conflicts and identify the true necessity of the conflict
- resolve conflict in 1:1 and group scenarios
Many of these skills build upon the basic structure of working with dreams – the DYW Leadership Dream Class I is recommended as a prerequisite.